The sun is shining, the weather is sweet… what better way to celebrate this magnificent mid-spring day than with a delicious green smoothie?
The past three days we’ve been working hard renovating our very first home and this marvelous green smoothie has given me super powers! We’re in the middle of laying floor and painting but I just had to take a quick break to share this recipe with you because of it’s taste and energy-boosting qualities.
Watermelon, Kale & Blackberry Green SmoothiePrint This
- 1/4 small watermelon, quartered with seeds
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 big handful of kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 handful parsley (optional)
- Blend watermelon and celery to make liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Normally I’d post the nutritional value of this smoothie but the day’s awastin’ and I must return to work. Here’s an online nutrition calculator if you’d like to find out just how powerful this green smoothie really is.