Sometimes (or many times, depending), we do things we know aren’t healthy for us. Well, today guest blogger, Arina Thoggy, is here to remind of us seven health tips we probably aren’t following but if we did, could make the most difference in the quality of health we experience.
There is a common saying, “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison!” As a result, we should be highly concerned with the nutrition that we intake daily on a regular basis.
It is a general recommendation to intake healthy sources of food for maintaining health and fitness of the body. It usually happens that we already are aware of what to eat and what not to eat, but still sometimes we overlook those facts.
As a result, this article will guide you with some of the top nutritional facts that you know but rarely follow. So, let us have a look at those facts that are shortlisted by The Diet Suggestions:
- Stay away from artificial trans fats! In one word, the trans fats can be defined as NASTY elements of the food. The production of trans fats involves high pressure, heat as well as hydrogen gas within the presence of a metal catalyst. This process further transforms the liquid vegetable oil into a thick, toxic sludge that is further solidified at the room temperature. As a result, it is advisable not to intake these types of foodstuffs as they are incredibly harmful while leading to a drastic increase in the heart disease.
- Mainstream media must not be trusted for nutrition information: The primary cause for the nutrition confusion is mainstream media. Every week there is a new study that makes headlines. At the onset, these studies grab a lot of attention and they often contradict with another study that revealed some exclusive facts just a few months earlier.
- Eat when you are hungry: It is not necessary to have something regularly after 2-3 hours in order to lose weight. According to a study, it has been found that the smaller and more frequent meals would have no effect on the fat burning or the body weight. Better to eat when you are hungry and ensure that you opt for healthy and nutritious foods.
- The healthiest food you can have is the “Eggs”: The eggs are most often demonized as the egg yolks are high in cholesterol. The general studies show that the cholesterol found in the eggs don’t often raise blood cholesterol in the majority of the people. Eggs do not impose any harmful effect on the heart disease and is considered as the healthiest and most nutritious food that you can have.
- Low-fat is not equally healthy: Do you really think the “low-fat” diet promoted by mainstream nutrition guidelines is a failure? If you think so then you are right. There are a number of long-term studies that show this doesn’t work. Neither for weight loss or for disease prevention; the “low-fat” foods that are usually loaded with unhealthy ingredients that are seriously unhealthy for our body.
- Fruit juice and sugary soft drink are not so different: A number of people think that fruit juices are healthy as it offers nutritional elements to the body. But in fact, as there is no fiber as well as no chewing resistance, so it makes it easier to consume it in massive amounts.
- A big question: does weight loss supplements ever work: There are a number of weight loss supplements in the market and the harsh truth is that majority of them usually don’t work. Even though they claim magical results, they fail when put to the test in the actual studies. Those supplements that actually do work seem to have a very small effect without noticeable difference.
Thus, the above-mentioned were some of the top nutritional facts that you already know but still don’t follow. Better to consider these tips if you wish to follow a healthy lifestyle.
About the Author
is a Part Time Blogger and a full time horse rider, She likes to talk about Diet Suggestions. With this post, she is sharing the compilation of best lose weight tips by The Diet Suggestions.
Do you have an important health tip you think should be added to this list? Do you disagree with any of these tips or believe they shouldn’t be on this list?