Regular readers know we advocate a healthy lifestyle that naturally leads to a healthy weight, rather than choosing other solutions which may get quick results but won’t last long. Today guest blogger, Joel Newman, reminds us of a few healthy eating tips!
Staring at the belly fat almost gawking beneath a loose dress, all of us have wondered if losing weight is all about – to eat or not to eat. Many of us have gone ahead and cut calories, stuck to water and pills for weeks; all for the extra pounds. But does weight loss really come down to the choice between eating and starving?
Not at all, weight loss is all and only about what to eat and what to ditch, the choice is to choose wiser and healthier – not popping pills, starving and looking sick.
Depriving the body of the fuel needed is possibly the craziest and most inefficient attempt at weight loss. The few researched outcomes of the magic pills and water diets include – malnutrition, weight gain due to fat survival habit of the body, susceptibility to binges, possibly inactivity due to lack of physical energy, headaches and anorexia.
Eat to lose weight!
To not eat and lose weight is a terribly unhealthy and ineffective way to stay on a diet! All one needs to do is pack the fridge with healthy foods and eat the way to the right weight! We all have known our problem zones and our weaknesses – the sweet tooth, carbohydrate addiction, comfort food needs and so on. And, so the weight loss plan really is what one should eat ditching the unhealthy options.
Here are a few dos and don’ts for weight loss:
- Water is the word: Make water your favorite drink and ensure you have at least eight glasses of water in one day. This helps avoid the big no of soft drinks or carbonated beverages.
- Binge on veggies: If your meals contain water-rich foods like zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes, there are more chances of reducing the overall calorie consumption. Load your pastas with broccoli, carrots and tomatoes, and ditch the cheese in your omelette for vegetables.
- Avoid the white foods: Mostly, carbohydrates lead to weight gain. Switch to whole grain breads and brown rice instead of white rice and white flour.
- Replace the wholes: Whole milk can go out for skimmed milk for your tea and coffee.
- Make cereal for breakfast a habit: Cereals give you more fiber and calcium, and most importantly, less fat than any other breakfast foods.
Every weight loss plan should incorporate few tricks that we tend to ignore otherwise.
- Cut down on eating out. We generally eat more when we eat out than eating at home
- Eat slowly. Always, put the fork or spoon down after every single bite, this helps your mind to figure out if you are full.
- During the meal, drink water and also talk to your partner. It is believed that these habits help one feel contended with their meal.
All the answers to successful weight loss head one way – to eat only when your stomach wants food and eat smart. Eat only when hungry; do not eat when it’s only a craving!
About the Author
As a health expert who is passionate about nutrition and weight loss, Joel Newman, often blogs on these subjects. Presently he is into research on < rel=”nofollow”a href=”http://www.hgh.info/”>hgh and GenF20.
Have you ever tried quick solutions to your weight-loss goals? Tell us how they worked for you.