Spring arrives this Saturday, March 20th, and in preparation for the season of rebirth, many people choose to release the old so they can make room for the new. Here’s a spring cleaning list for the body, mind and soul!
Over time, things tend to accumulate. Whether it’s body fat, clutter in your home or unreleased emotions, this build up begins to interfere with our daily lives. What was once effective becomes ineffective because there’s just too much `stuff’ to deal with.
A regular cleaning schedule will alleviate these burdens. Many people dedicate a light cleanup per week, plus a heavier cleansing once or twice a year. Hello, spring!
There are tons of ways to live lighter in body, mind and soul. That’s what this blog is all about!
So for all our new and regular readers who may have missed our past posts about cleansing, here is a useful list for you to pick and choose from for your spring cleaning plan:
- How to Detox (or How to Live Longer & Happier)
- An Easy, Gentle Cleanse for the First-Timer
- Detox blender meals – over 20 yummy recipes!
- 17 Most Detoxifying Drinks
- A Safe, Enlightening 3 Day Fast
- When Is Fasting Not a Good Idea? – a must read if you plan to fast
- 5 Steps to Losing 25 lbs in 3 Months
- Detoxify your environment – taken from our Bodacious Beach Bod Series
- The 2010 TV Detox – give your time and mind a rest from the boob tube
- Why Spring Cleaning is Good for Your Soul
- The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse – a great way to cleanse your soul
- Elimination Diet Compilation Recipes Post – a digestive system cleanse
- The Beauty of Homemade Cleaners – includes links to recipes!
- Detachment vs. non-attachment – a great post about emotional cleansing
- The Hormone Diet Book Review – there’s an incredible 10-day inflammatory detox in this book! (The book is worth it: here are my hormone diet results)
This list should provide you at least 1 or 2 ways to get rid of the old junk that’s been piling up in your life. But please resist the temptation to tackle too much all at once!
Not only will you sabotage your good intentions and efforts, there really is no need. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out that when you cleanse one area of your life, it positively affect other areas of your life, too. 🙂
What do you think of this ultimate spring cleaning list, Readers? How do you plan on getting ready for spring?