Summer is only two weeks away and so are some glorious, hot and lazy days best enjoyed with chilled treats. For an all-natural, digestive-friendly, healthy alternative to the usual favourites, frozen smoothie popsicles are guaranteed to please.
Easy-to-make and clean up, very budget-friendly and versatile, I just can’t get enough of these summer snacks! Inspired by Global Fitness’ high-protein popsicle, it’ll keep you satisfied longer, build muscle and, if you ask me these homemade popsicles taste better than store-bought.
Here’s my first attempt at a chocolate-flavoured version:
Strawberry Coco Smoothie PopsiclePrint This
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 3/4 cup soy milk, chocolate (adjust to desired thickness)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (for a more chocolatey popsicle)
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder
- 1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup (optional & adjust to taste)
- Blend all ingredients except protein powder until smooth.
- Add protein powder to smoothie and gently blend.
- Pour mix into popsicle molds.
Tip: When you're ready to serve, try running hot water on the main part of the mold and jiggle the popsicle stick to loosen the frozen smoothie. My first attempt was a flop - I ended up disengaging the stick from the popsicle (a useless treat without a handle) and actually broke my mold in half trying to pry the sucker from it's parent!
I hope you enjoy this healthy, diet-friendly summer treat. Please come back to tell us how yours turned out!