Last week we announced changes to Live Lighter and its posting schedule. While Wednesday’s are now health-related reviews and recipes or videos are supposed to be on Friday, I need a little more time to write Part II of my review on the Grail Springs Holistic Health Resort. Please expect this post on Friday.
But I don’t want to leave you all with nothing, so here’s Friday’s planned post, a fabulous soup recipe I created a couple of weeks ago. Normally I find cabbage soup pretty blah, but this one I’m truly impressed with. I made it the night of my return from Grail Springs and I swear it made my culinary talents explode!
It’s delicious and nutritious, and will help you lose weight and cleanse your system. I made mine extra spicy (this is not reflected in the following ingredients), so much so that Honey won’t eat it. But hey, I love it and so do the spice-loving guys at work! Tell me what you think if you should be so bold and try this unique cabbage soup recipe out.
Steph’s Spicy, Savoury Cabbage SoupPrint This
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 huge carrot, shredded
- 1 can Romano beans
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced (if desired)
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like REALLY spicy)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chili flakes (more or less, or none at all)
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 14 cups filtered water
- Saute onion, celery and pepper in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add water and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, carrots and beans.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.