Editor’s Note: Tomorrow is Dec. 1st and while most people’s minds are on holiday preparations, many Live Lighter readers realize this is exactly the right time to be health conscious. Today Rachel Davis shares 6 all-round health tips to help us through the holidays and into the New Year.
“Health, Fitness, Diet.” These words have become so ingrained into every aspect of our lives that some of us are sick and tired of them.
We hate being told we must exercise regularly and eat a sensible diet, we don’t like the fact that our health fails us if we neglect it, and we think it’s unfair when we indulge our taste buds our bodies become fat and unfit.
But no matter how bitter the diet and exercise pill is, it must be swallowed. The good news, however, is that you can minimize the distaste while maximizing the benefits, if you follow these all-round health, fitness and diet tips:
- ONE: Set aside one day of the week to give your digestive system a much-needed break. Eat only fruits and vegetables; drink fresh juices and herbal teas and plenty of water. Spend time relaxing and de-stressing, away from work and the pressures of daily life. Do the things you love, spend time with friends and family, and boost your happiness. Stay away from alcohol and cigarettes. And after this day of detoxifying your body and mind, you’re sure to feel like a new person.
- TWO: You may be on a diet, you may be working out regularly, but that does not mean you have to keep your cravings on a tight leash. If you feel like eating something that’s not really healthy, split the serving into two so that you and a friend can share the guilty pleasure. It’s more fun, and much healthier this way.
- THREE: When you’re on the road to fitness and health, you must minimize or avoid the following three white foods – salt, sugar and processed flour. Cut back on the sodium and other additives and preservatives, reduce the amount of sugared goods you eat and the amount of sugar you add to your tea and coffee, and stay away from those breads, pastas and cakes that load the fat on to your body and see how easy it is to lose weight and get fit.
- FOUR: Exercise moderately four days a week. You don’t have to go all out and strain yourself; it’s enough even if you walk for an hour or so whenever you find time. If you’re working out for a longer period of time or for more than four days a week, you must rest your aching and sore muscles and joints on at least one day of the week if you want to avoid injuries.
- FIVE: Love what you do or do what you love – when you’re uncomfortable or dissatisfied with what you do for a living, the stress begins to tell on your health. So work five days a week doing something that you enjoy or that is not too stressful, and take two days off to spend with your family and friends and for yourself.
- SIX: Ensure that you get at least six hours of sleep every night. A sound sleep is your body’s natural healing mechanism and when you deprive yourself of this, you’re not doing your health any favors.
So there you have it – health and fitness are as easy as counting from one to six.
About the Author
This guest post is contributed by Rachel Davis, she writes on the topic of Radiology Degrees. She welcomes your comments at her email id: racheldavis65[@]gmail[.]com.
I love this post because of the mnemonic device using numbers – thanks for the great contribution, Rachel! Will you try following this easy plan to health and wellness?