Do you have your very own `Natural Health Bible’ for health-related questions? If you’re a regular reader, you already know how much I love and refer to my 4th edition, Prescription for Nutritional Healing. The 5th edition just came out and they want to give YOU one!
Before we get into the contest details, let’s review exactly what we’re offering here:
About Prescription for Nutritional Healing
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 5th edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements (Avery, October 5, 2010, $30) is America’s #1 Guide to Natural Health. Since the first edition, it’s sold over 8 million copies!
Originally published in 1983, it was the first of its kind. It offered the public a complete reference guide to achieving and maintaining the highest level of health and fitness through careful dietary planning and nutritional supplements. From the press release:
“Blending scientific research with traditional remedies, Prescription for Nutritional Healing gave readers the opportunity to reach optimum health, build up their immune system, and increase their energy levels in a safe, holistic way, in conjunction to (or without even turning to) doctors and pharmaceuticals.”
Now that natural health has gone mainstream, this book is a must for every home. It is considered the most trusted, comprehensive source on dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals and herbs. In 856 pages, it unites the best of age-old remedies, twenty-first century science and today’s emerging health news.
Some of what’s shared in the book:
- Basics of good nutrition
- How to balance vitamins and minerals so that the body can properly absorb both
- How to determine the best way to treat 250 problems – from abscesses to wrinkles – using herbs, nutrition and supplements
- Where to get the facts on other complementary therapies, like ayurveda, biofeedback, chiropractic care and more.
The 5th edition (the prize in this contest) includes a line-by-line update on everything from disease studies to additional resource material. It adds the latest terminology and unveils new science on vitamins, supplements, herbs, drugs, nutrients, and even beverage intake.
Some of the additional updates include:
- Dosage recommendations for vitamins, herbs and supplements
- Omega-3s and exercise to alleviate Alzheimer’s
- Current guidelines on managing Diabetes
- Effects of nutrition on Autism
- Vitamin D and Breast Cancer
- Supplements and Crohn’s Disease
- Updated diet and exercise information for Fibromyalgia
- Latest research on Menopause and Bio-Identical Hormones
- Vitamins for fighting Osteoporosis
- Nutritional information for combating Prostate Cancer
- Risk of beta-carotene in Smokers
About the Authors
Phyllis A. Balch, CNC, was the leading nutritional counsellor and advocate for natural therapies for more than two decades and spent more than twenty-five years researching natural approaches to health and healing.
Stacey Bell, D.Sc., is a registered dietitian and has worked as a nutritional researcher while on the faculty at Harvard Medical School where she also counselled patients on how to eat in the face of disease. She has worked with Tony Robbins and Dr. Andrew Weil and is currently a nutritional consultant in Boston, MA.
Prescription for Nutritional Healing Giveaway Contest
So now that you know about the book and especially the new 5th edition, how would you like to win one for yourself?
It’s really easy to win, all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment in this post by Friday, October 22, 2010.
- Identify 1 post on Live Lighter that references Prescription for Nutritional Healing. (HINT: use Live Lighter’s search bar at the top right of the blog to reveal a list of potentials.)
Your name will then be entered into a random draw held on Monday, October 25, 2010! Winners will be announced Thursday, October 28, 2010.
So, Readers, if you want your own Natural Health Bible, name 1 post on Live Lighter that mentions Prescription for Nutritional Healing. Good luck!