Would you take nutritional supplements made by pizza makers? Probably not. But you might trust scientists who could manufacture penicillin, IF they weren’t so busy in health, nutrition and preventative care!
In part 2 of my 1st USANA product review, Annabeth asked about scientific studies on USANA products by notable Universities. No luck here but I did discover a slew of interesting USANA facts to consider when comparing supplements and supplement companies.
Here are a few of them:
- Besides the third party confirmation from Consumerlab.com, the NutriSearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements™ continues to rank USANA #1 compared with 1500+ other nutritional supplements on the market. The latest edition (4th) even awarded USANA with it’s first Editor’s Choice Award!
- Several USANA products are listed in the Physicians’ Desk Reference (PDR).
- Voluntarily meets pharmaceutical grade manufacturing standards. This is the difference between pizza and penicillin, an analogy a USANA scientist used to explain the quality of their supplements. Better reiterated in another post, let’s just say that USANA voluntarily exceeds the current supplement industry standards.
- Athlete approved! Dozens of trained professional athletes (who have to worry about barred substances) have felt the health enhancements from nutritional supplements and trust USANA to provide them. And why not, USANA offers athlete and tour guarantees (millions of dollars!) for assurance that products comply with strict anti-doping standards.
- Founder’s scientific background which is the basis for the USANA difference in quality, safety, potency, purity and efficacy. Pioneer in the development of human cell culture technology and winner of the Albert Einstein Award for outstanding achievement in the Life Sciences, Dr. Myron Wentz is also a published author and scientist. Here are a few of his selected citations.
- Supported by Dr. Ray Strand, author and expert on preventative nutritional medicine, and by Dr. Christine Wood, author and pediatrician.
- Provides an impressive array of resources to the science of nutrition. Meet the USANA in-house experts, Scientific Advisory Council, research partners, and read the latest health information backing up the science behind USANA products.
- USANA’s got soul, a.k.a. Corporate Social Responsibility. Here’s what the company is doing to be green, giving and charitable.
- Founder’s story and vision. For those with more time, here’s Dr. Wentz’s story in text.
If you’re ready to try USANA out for yourself, contact stephanie [at] livelighter [dot] org and I can hook you up with a trusted associate.