Crockpots are probably one of man’s greatest inventions. It’s the tool that turns fabulous dinner creations into rice krispies squares: scrumptious delights that are super easy to make with practically no cleanup.
Add chili, which is best served slowcooked, and you got a miracle meal!
Here’s the recipe for the (not too spicy) jackpot chili I cooked up last weekend, which was such a hit this week that I ended up trading lunches with a colleague!
Please come back to tell us what you thought of it!
Steph's No Fail Veggie Chili Crockpot RecipePrint This
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 med. green pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (19 oz) cans of kidney beans
- 1 (26 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (26 oz) can chunked tomatoes
- 1 (5.5 oz) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- Prep veggies and throw it all (except for the spinach and parsley) together in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, low for 4 hours and warm for 2 hours.
- Before serving, grab a handful of spinach and stir into chili.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.