Earlier this week we discussed, Should We Get Vaccinated, or What? While we discovered health risks associated with vaccinations, it’s always up to the individual to decide what’s best for them. It comes down to what you trust more: an untested, manufactured chemical cocktail or your immune system.
For those who lead fairly health lifestyles and have faith in the robustness of their immune systems, you’ll most likely opt to stay away from the flu vaccinations. But you may want to boost your natural combative power this flu season to take extra precaution. Here are a few ways to boost your immune system through food and nutritional supplementation:
From Dr. Rona in his Vitality article, Vaccination Controversy:
- Vitamin D (this is a POWERFUL nutrient with microbial properties. Studies suggest it’s as effective as a vaccination!)
- Vitamin A
- Beta carotene (provitamin A)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
From Dr. Martin in his Healthy Directions article, Get Ready for H1N1 (flip to page 38 in the online mag):
- A broad spectrum probiotic treatment for 30 days
- Maintain an alkaline PH (mainly through a clean diet, stay tuned for an upcoming post, “How to Get More Alkaline”)
- Oil of oregano (several drops a day)
- Vitamin D3 (through sunbathing 1/2 hour, 3 times a week)
And here’s one for Halloween: garlic will not only keep the vampires away, it’ll also keep flu at bay! Please read this informative, lively Vitality article, “Garlic Medicine: Folklore Traditions from the Far East“.
Alright Live Lighter readers, time to cough up your own nutritional secrets for boosting your immune system! Come on… I got one in my head that I didn’t include (on purpose) in this post, so I know there are more! Please share them in the comments below.