Why are we calling this pesto recipe prophetic? Because it’s so good that you’ll be spouting prophesies for an hour after savouring this delicious, lip-smacking, garlic-infused, healthy green Italian sauce!
This sauce is virtually a complete meal between it’s protein, healthy oil and complex carbs. Spread it on a piece of rye bread to enjoy with a salad or use it in a whole wheat pasta dish. Created by my good friend Krista, this recipe will be sure to tantalize taste buds as well as nourish the body.
Krista's Prophetic Pesto SaucePrint This
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 2 stalks fresh Kale, destemmed
- 3 handfuls of fresh Spinach
- 1/4 of a medium Onion
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp. dried Basil or 1 tbsp. fresh
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed, extra virgin Olive Oil (or until desired consistency)
- fresh ground Sea Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Chop almonds in blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
TIP: Keep sauce in fridge for up to 2 days before consuming. You may find the garlic overwhelming and the sauce too spicy if you use it right away. We found that by letting it marinate in it's own juices, the garlic mellows into a more palatable (and phophetic!) flavour.
Please enjoy and come back to let us know how much you loved this supremely healthy recipe!