It’s another glorious long weekend here in Canada, the last one of the summer. So why not mark the occasion with celebration!? (Some of us have double reason to party: congratulations to my friends Krista and Brandon who just got engaged last night!)
For those of you who like to party but want to groove to a health-conscious beat, try some of Live Lighter’s healthier-for-you cocktail recipes. Ah, but to properly prepare for a party, you need snacks to satisfy those munchies. So check out the healthier-for-you party mix my good friend, Kathy sent me to share:
Kathy's Healthy Party MixPrint This
- 6 TBs. Becel Margarine
- 2 TBs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBs. each garlic & onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce
- 2 cups almonds
- 3 cups pretzels
- 4 cups shredded wheat (bite size)
- 4 cups shredded wheat with bran (bite size)
- Mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, and red pepper sauce in 5-6 quart slow cooker. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Cook uncovered for 3-4hrs.. Stir every 15 mins for the first hr. to keep from burning.
Let us know your thoughts and leave a comment!
When I try this snazzy recipe, I’ll be substituting butter for the margarine – I’ll let you know how it turns out.