Do you need an extra reason to travel and experience new things and people? Well you’ll love today’s guest post by Hannah, who discusses some of the health benefits to travelling.
Taking time off from work and going on a vacation is not just a learning process for gaining newer perspectives; it is therapeutic on many different levels, according to research. Doctors attribute our lower immunity levels to our stressful lives. The frequent headaches that we suffer from, our irregular bowel movements, all of which are caused by increased stress levels.
At a psychological level, traveling removes us from our stressful environment and into a new one where we are forced to renew our stress-combating skills. We return with a newer vigor and confidence to bear the difficulties of life in our old environment.
- Studies show that people who travel have a lower risk of developing chronic heart diseases.
- People who travel record lowered blood pressure, as well as lower levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, that leads to premature aging.
Health Benefits of Traveling
When you travel and visit places, you get a break from the daily humdrum of office life. It has been recorded that employees who regularly travel work more efficiently than their counterparts who refrain from traveling.
- Traveling relaxes our body and mind, and our energy levels are regenerated to take on work once again when we return to work.
- Studies show that traveling on a regular basis significantly lowers the chances of falling into a state of depression. Change of scenery and new experiences ensure a general mood of happiness and satisfaction.
- It has been observed that traveling helps people fight insomnia. They are able to get quality sleep that many people are unable to, due to our stressful lifestyles.
Mend the Bonds
It is a well-known fact that traveling frequently with your loved ones helps you develop stronger relationships with them. You must encourage anyone who means anything to you to take a trip with you, this way you make memories for a lifetime.
- Traveling helps reduce the behavioral aberrations among children. You also get to spend more time with your children than you do at home, which in turn helps you to know them better and vice versa.
- Just as for parents, traveling is equally important for couples. When you feel it is not working out with your partner, take time off and travel together.
General Advantages of Traveling
- Helps you develop your personality and makes you a more outgoing person.
- Helps you develop new skills such as trekking or rafting, and you may find a new favorite hobby.
- Will make a more adventurous person out of you.
- You’ll try new food and meet new people; this is bound to boost your social skills.
- It goes without saying that when you are satisfied with the people around you, you remain happy. Travelling allows you to pick and choose who you hang around with more easily versus at home where you have established relationships at work, in your family and old friends who may not be healthy for your mental or emotional well-being.
Vacations are not only for the rich. Save your money, plan your trip and consider it an investment in your good health and longevity of life.
About the Author
A Student from United Kingdom who loves to travel and write on Health and travel niche. Hannah has traveled to India, Australia and Switzerland. Educating people on Healthy Lifestyle is her keen Interest. She engages in all types of outdoor adventure, explores the local way of life. Presently working on Turkey visa, a visa providing service. Do you know of any other health benefits to travelling?
Can you think of how travelling would be good for your health?