Mmm… pizza is delish. But many avoid indulging because they feel it’s too unhealthy. So let’s make our pizza’s healthier with today’s guest post by David Bloom!
Everyone loves comfort food, but the problem is that a lot of these meals are actually really unhealthy for you. Pizza on the weekends, apple pies for dessert, and fried chicken for lunch can all add up and have a hefty toll on your body. When you’ve built a strong tradition on bad food, it can be incredibility hard to stop eating them.
This is why you see today’s generation growing huge and unhealthy. The only way we can really stop it is by limiting how much we eat and by eating better quality food that is low in grease and calories.
Below we have an amazing recipe just for the family to try and you won’t have to give up your family tradition for it. The best part is that it’s quick and simple. Here’s how you can make this absolutely delicious comfort food a lot healthier for you and your family to eat.
Home-made ‘Green’ pizza recipe
It’s common to hear people say that they do not have time to make a decent meal and that’s why they always eat out. This recipe definitely caters to people who have a little bit of time on the weekends.
You can make it fun by including your family to help make it with you and this also gives an excellent opportunity to bond with the kids.
Home-made `Green' Pizza RecipePrint This
- 1 pound already-made whole-wheat pizza dough
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups of chopped arugula
- 1/2 cup already-made pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of pepper & salt
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and coat a large baking sheet or pizza tray with a bit of oil.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on your counter top and roll your dough out to a nice shape. Make sure it will fit your baking sheet. Once done, transfer to the sheet and slightly bake it for about 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should be light brown at the bottom.
- While you’re waiting for your dough to cook, pour your broccoli and water in a large skillet and place over medium heat. Cover the pan and wait for about 3 minutes or until your vegetables are tender. Once done, stir in the arugula until it is wilted and add a bit of salt and pepper for taste.
- Take your pesto and spread an even layer over the baked crust and top it with your freshly cooked ingredients. Pour the cheese on top and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
The amount stated above serves about six slices, so just be sure to double the amount if your family loves to eat or be ready to triple it if you're hosting a party.
When you’re done, just serve! It’s amazing what you can do with just a little bit of green making your lifestyle healthier.
About the Author
David Bloom is an active full-time blogger, who specializes in the field of fitness and constantly finding new ways to live life to its fullest. He has a website, which he updates on a frequent basis, and his content has inspired many to become more actively involved in fitness.
How do YOU make your pizzas healthier?