An embarrassing topic, yes, yet bad breath is an important subject to discuss. Not only for your own health, but just ask anyone who wants to be close to you and can’t because of their own personal discomfort. Check out these home remedies for bad breath shared by guest blogger, Dana Smith.
A large number of people suffer from halitosis or bad breath due to various medical reasons. Several health conditions such as gum diseases, acid reflex and sinus infections can be the leading causes of halitosis. Consumption of certain food items regularly such as onions and garlic can also cause bad breath.
As it is an embarrassing situation, most people are reluctant to visit dental clinics for a permanent solution. However, there are many effective home remedies for bad breath.
Good oral hygiene is one of the most essential factors required to eliminate bad breath forever. Brushing the teeth after meals and twice every day is vital for good hygiene. Use dental floss to eliminate food particles lodged in between the teeth which can lead to the growth of bacteria and bad odor. Brushing the tongue also helps to cure bad breath.
Useful Home Remedies for Bad Breath
- The most effective home remedy to fight bad breath includes retaining the moisture in your mouth by consuming eight glasses of water throughout the day and eating sugar free chewing gums.
- It is also important to regulate bowel movements as digestive problems such as constipation can cause bad breath. Consume high fiber food, fruits and vegetable to promote digestion.
- Brushing with baking soda at least three times in a week also helps to reduce the buildup of bacteria which leads to bad breath. It is also essential to avoid the buildup of plaque which can be the breeding ground for bacteria in the mouth.
- The use of herbs such as coriander, mint leaves, parsley and so forth also helps to reduce halitosis to a large extent. Use gargling solutions to clean the mouth and obtain fresh breath.
- Most of the food items that contain vitamin C such as lemons, oranges and carrots help to prevent the growth of bacteria. It also helps to prevent gingivitis which is one of the major causes of bad breath.
- Avoiding certain food items such as spicy food, pungent cheese, garlic, onion, alcohol, peppers, chili peppers and so forth are among the best ways to eliminate bad breath easily.
Home remedies prove to be quite effective in curing halitosis but if there are serious underlying causes, it is essential to consult a good dentist. There are many experienced and qualified dentists who offer solutions to various dental issues such as halitosis, dental implants, dental corrections, gum problems, cavities and toothaches.
Dentists often prescribe toothpastes with fluoride content to fight bad breath issues. Although mouthwash solutions can stop bad breath, it is not a permanent solution. Bad breath can be caused due to several other reasons. It can be an indication of an underlying health issue. It is therefore quite essential to consult a dentist or a physician to obtain a permanent cure.
About the Author
This post is created by Dana Smith, who is currently working for dentist in Anchorage AK. In this post she wants to share some very easy home remedies to avoid bad breath.
Do you have any home remedies on this subject to share?