Who doesn’t want a head-full of full, luscious healthy hair? If you do, check out today’s guest article by Madhavi Dandu about natural ways to grow healthy hair!
Having long luxurious locks is everyone’s dream and taking care of hair for proper growth is very important. Your hair is made up of dead cells filled with keratin (a type of protein). So it is a given that as you increase the amount of protein in your diet, you see your hair grow better.
But this is not always easy and many factors like the harsh weather, stress or chemicals cause hair fall out, leading to premature balding.
Here are some home remedies for hair growth:
- Onion Juice: Boil an onion in water and use this water to wash your hair every week. Or, you can juice an onion and apply this juice in your hair, leave it for an hour and then wash it off. Onion contains many types of natural sulphides which are very good for the hair and promote good hair growth.
- Eggs: Eggs are full of protein and applying these on your hair will ensure good and natural hair growth. You can take 2 egg whites and use them on your hair after shampooing, as a conditioner. Wash this off after a whole day. Another method is to take 2 egg yolks and beat them. Apply this paste on your hair as a hair mask. You need to cover your hair tightly as eggs tend to drop and wash this off after an hour or two. Use eggs every two weeks on your head to improve the quality of hair and promote growth.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is made from milk and has essential nutrients like calcium, fats and proteins. It is a very good form of milk and very beneficial for any type of hair growth. Lightly beat a cup of yoghurt and apply this on your hair an hour before you go for a bath. Try not to apply any shampoo and simply wash the yoghurt off with water. The next day, follow your regular shampoo and conditioner routine. Do this regularly every week to see good hair growth.
- Vinegar: There is something about vinegar that is very good for your hair. It contains a very mild form of acetic acid and washes off all the dirt and grime from your hair leaving them looking smooth and shiny. In a mug full of water, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar and after you have washed your hair; pour this water on your hair. If you do this every time you wash your hair, you will notice a very good change in the quality and shine of your hair.
- Hot oil Treatment: Take a tablespoon of almond oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, heat them up. This should be warm to touch and not burn you. Now, apply this hot oil in your scalp, massaging gently till you have oiled all of your hair completely.
Cover your hair with a hot towel and leave it overnight. The next day wash your hair and deep condition them. When you do this religiously for a month, you will notice that the oil in your scalp promotes good hair growth.
Good hair growth is not just about applying nutrients and natural substances (or champoos and chemicals) in your hair but also about following a good diet as well. Do not eliminate all fat from your diet. Eat healthy nuts, oily fish and all types of proteins. Follow these home remedies for hair growth for the all round health of your hair.
About the Author
Madhavi Dandu is a senior editor at UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. Given how uninformed people were about personal health, fitness, she saw the need to educate average joe and jane about healthy living through her writing. http://urbanwired.com/health/
Do you have any home remedies to grow hair that you’ve tried that work? We’d love to hear them!