Mmm… dipping sauce that’s healthy? Oh, ya. The Greeks know how to make those veggies go down sooo easy. It tastes even more scrumptious on some lean chicken and of course, whole wheat pita bread! Here’s a delicious, healthy recipe for tzatziki.
Every ingredient in tzatziki is healthy. Even better, when it’s made with Greek Style yogurt it has a whopping 20g of protein per cup versus only 14g in regular yogurt. Protein is essential for muscle repair and in case you don’t know, lean muscle mass increases your metabolism so you’re burning more calories even when you’re doing nothing.
I tried this tzatziki recipe over the weekend. It only took 5 minutes to put together, hardly any mess and, bonus, is super yummy!
Just one tip when it comes to eating tzatziki: make sure when you go to kiss someone, they’ve had some tzatziki, too! 🙂
Healthy Tzatziki SaucePrint This
- 2 cups Greek Style Yogurt, plain
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and seeded (I squeezed mine)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped (or 1 tsp dried dill)
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Blend ingredients.
- Line a colander with cheese cloth and place it over a bowl. Empty blended ingredients over cheese cloth. Set in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, scoop thickened tzatziki sauce up from cheese cloth and serve.