Mmm… our bellies are full of good food, and of course, chocolate! If you’re feeling a little bloated like me, you might like to hear about some of my spring changes and why now’s the best time.
As I munched on my chocolate truffles yesterday, I pondered this time of year. It’s the celebration of rebirth, no matter what religion you practice. And since I’ve been bloated these days, often feeling a bit pregnant, I thought it the perfect time to take on a few changes.
Some of you may have abstained from an indulgence for Lent, and if so, you’ve already warmed up your mind with the idea of change and built up confidence more every day when you said, “No” to your kryptonite. And that’s all it really takes for any lifestyle change!
For me, it’s nigh time for a little spring cleanse for my body. I’ve got it all planned out:
- Eat more salads (with lean protein on top), fresh fruits and soups. Cut out all white foods and processed.
- Make and drink more smoothies and cleansing recipes. I replaced my busted blender so I’m all set. (Check out this post for 119 cleansing recipes!)
- Choose healthy snacks and eat more regularly throughout the day.
- Limit alcohol (2-4 glasses of wine per week) and coffee (1 per day) intake. Drink herbal teas instead.
- Increase water consumption. Drink a warm glass with lemon every morning.
- Half an hour walk each day and core exercises every second day.
- Half an hour of meditation each day.
- And just for fun: review the Holistic Spring Cleaning Series.
It’s amazing how life can get in the way of a healthy, consistent routine! I’m really feeling good these days, though, and I KNOW I can do this no matter how far I’ve fallen off the health wagon. All it takes is a decision and one step…
And I’m drinking chamomile tea and lemon water as I type this so I’m already on my way. 😉
Are you planning any spring cleaning this year? Maybe a mini-cleanse like me? Tell us about it!