It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and for all those who have extended family, you might be looking at several large meals and a bloated belly. Try replacing a meal or two with this green blended detox recipe to help ease your digestive system and clean you from the inside-out.
Completely balanced with healthy protein (Brazil nuts), fat (avocado) and carbs (greens, fruit and other veggies), this blended meal is as nutritious as it is tasty.
It ain’t much to look at but after a weekend of hard-core celebratory socializing and eating, you’ll certainly feel much lighter – I promise!
Gingerly-Cleanse-Yer-Insides Detox MealPrint This
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup Spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup Swiss Chard, rinsed
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Avocado, fresh
- 1/4 cup Juice, berry or apple
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup Filtered Water (or til desired consistency)
- Grind nuts in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients.