The hot summer days are upon us and our bodies are craving light, cooling foods. Let’s celebrate salad season with a recipe!
Created recently, this one was a BIG hit with everyone who tried it. Since quinoa (see pic) is an easy-to-digest grain, it’s especially delightful for those with digestive issues.
Please come back and let us know how you like it once you’ve tried it:
This recipe was inspired from The Vital You’s “Quinoa and Black Bean Salad” (very different BUT equally yummy) found in the Ultimate Holistic Cookbook:
Fresh Basil & Black Bean Quinoa SaladPrint This
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water, filtered
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped finely
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Put quinoa in a small pot and pour tap water over grains. Swish grains around with your fingers. Strain water and loose debris down sink. Repeat again, one to two more times.
- Combine rinsed quinoa with filtered water and a dash of sea salt. Bring to boil, lower heat to minimum, cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
Mix cooled quinoa with rest of ingredients. Enjoy!