This was such a HUGE hit at the holidays that I’ve made approximately 6 batches in the last 2 months!
It all started with the Chewy Eatmore Bar recipe I tried from ChristmasCookies.com. When I ran out of ingredients, my homemade Eatmore bar-loving friend and I started experimenting with the ingredients.
These were even better! They cried out, “Eat me! Eat me!” Hence, the name.
Here is the healthier, very convenient, stove-top, low-mess, recipe for a fabulous homemade chocolate bar:
Chewy Eatme BarsPrint This
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 & 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 & 1/2 cups granola cereal
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt together the honey and nut butter. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows, stirring until smooth.
- Add the cereal and nuts.
- Blend well and remove from heat.
- Pour into lightly greased (we use lecithin) 9 x 13 inch pan and pat firmly with a spatula.
- Let cool and cut into bars before hardening.
Tip: If you use 1 and 1/2 cups of the marshmallows, serve at room temperature.
This recipe wins friends so I would suggest to start practicing before the holidays. 😉