The Mayan calendar ends on December 21st (or 23rd), 2012. This ancient prophesy is over 5,000 years old and predicts that the world as we know it will end. In celebration for tomorrow’s opening release of the new blockbuster movie, 2012, this post is about how you can physically prepare for Armageddon.
Let’s clear up a few things first. This is a movie. While there may be some truth to it (never say never, right?), the worst thing we can do is play into the doom and gloom that Hollywood likes to create for our entertainment!
If you haven’t seen the trailer, here it is:
UPDATE 2017: this video is no longer available.
Many who believe in the 2012 phenomenon look at the Mayan prophesies as an earthly cleansing. Much like a birth, there may be violence, death and destruction as this era ends and we enter into a new beginning.
The cataclysmic events portrayed in the 2012 movie will most likely not happen on a single day. Some people, like Drunvalo Malchizedek, believe that the end of days predicted by the Mayans happen in a window of time and that we’re already experiencing it.
There may be a kernel of truth here, considering the recent swine flu pandemic, Hurricane Katrina, the deadly 2004 tsunami, out-of-control HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa and global warming, to name a few.
Some argue that there has been no significant change in the incidence of natural disasters, disease and illness. Others maintain that the world is going to hell in a hand basket. And fast.
Whatever you choose to believe, here at Live Lighter, we’re preparing for 2012 in any case. We’re taking a proactive, positive approach, though. Not out of fear but out of faith, reason and logic.
Since we cannot control natural disasters, we choose not to worry about these what ifs. We trust that whatever will be, will be.
As for disease and illness, we know our bodies are magnificent machines. Nature made us perfect and as long as we take good care of our bodies, our natural defenses (a.k.a. immune system) will fight off any foreign invader that attempts to wage war with us internally.
Live Lighter’s Simple Guide to Preparing for 2012
This is a very simple system that anyone can follow. It does not mean you have to make crazy, dramatic life changes all at once, either. It’s about working towards conscious living and making healthy decisions every moment you can.
Here are the basics to prepare your body, mind and soul for 2012:
- Feel good now. This is THE most important step. If you choose to wolf down an entire bag of chips or smoke a pack of cigarettes, relish it. Guilt is a toxic feeling and will eat you up from the inside-out. But do not ignore it, either. Guilt can be a useful feeling, providing you a clue that you’re probably doing something harmful. Enjoy your current decision and make a better choice next time.
- Everything in moderation. Healthy living isn’t about sacrifice. It’s about really enjoying life! Instead of eating 4 pieces of fried chicken, which will make you feel horrible later, eat 2 and savour every bite!
- Exercise. Our bodies were designed to move. Like all living things, we were also built to enjoy fresh air and sunshine. Go for walks, play sports, run, jump, play and pump that iron at least 3 to 5 times a week. It can be as little as 15 minutes at a time, but aim for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Eat fresh, whole foods. Our bodies function best with primo fuel made by old fashioned nature. Fresh fruits, veggies, clean protein sources and whole grains are the staples. Aim for 80% of the time, leaving 1 day a week to indulge in your favourite man-made foods.
- Get supreme sleep. Regular, restful sleep does wonders for managing stress. Stress, as we all know, weakens our immune system, overrides step 1 (feel good now), causes us to overeat, and not to mention makes us irritable and difficult to be around.
- Enjoy regular sex. What could be a better way to achieve feeling good now? Sex, with yourself or a partner, is another super stress buster and actually takes care of exercise requirements at the same time!
- Be social. This is another excellent way of achieving step 1. You nourish your social needs when you surround yourself with friends and family who make you feel good. Healthy relationships will provide you love, support and fun to really enjoy life now, despite whatever challenges you’re facing at the moment.
- Meditation. This is mind and soul exercise! It helps you achieve step 1, to feel good now, because you can train your mind to focus on the positives in any situation. It also allows you to access your inner strength, the part of you that’s connected to the Universe and that which helps you create the life of your dreams through positive intention.
- Detoxify your life. Do you have things or relationships in your life that no longer serve you? Perhaps you have a build up of food and junk in your body that is weighing you down. Cleaning up your external and internal environments will help you feel lighter and give you the ability to cope with life’s downs.
- Take high quality nutritional supplements. Unfortunately, in today’s toxic world, our food supply isn’t what it used to be. Even if we’re eating a well-balanced, nutritious diet, managing our stress and controlling our addictions, chances are we are deficient in nutrients. Your body and mind will function better if you give it the nutrients it needs.
There you have it folks, everything you need to do in order to adequately prepare yourself for any (controllable) catastrophe that we may encounter when the end of 2012 arrives.
Do you have any tips to share that may help us prepare for 2012? Please share them with us!