Live Lighter is a holistic health blog for those who recognize the benefits of health and want the freedom that comes from achieving total life balance.
Live Lighter aims to arm you with a variety of reliable information on natural health & wellness. What you find on these pages will help you create your own personalized health solutions so you can live your life more joyfully by releasing unwanted, heavy “baggage” accumulated since birth.
Our mission is to show you that getting healthy can be easy and fun. And the more you enjoy the process, you’ll see better and longer-lasting results, faster.
How can we make such fantastic claims?
As the author of Live Lighter, I’ve done it – a few times and counting! When I started the blog in 2007, I had in one year shed 43 extra poundage and 43 inches. I was living a fairly balanced life, continued to lose weight until I reached 21% body fat and managed to maintain it for three years.
(Funny enough, though, the weight-loss revealed other health issues and since then I’ve been investigating natural health for ways to heal myself.)
This past year I experienced a wonderful life transition (I bought my first house with my Honey) but unfortunately it didn’t quite go as smoothly as I would have liked. With added responsibilities, normal life stresses and my daily (healthy!) routine turned upside down (we’re in the middle of renovating, by the way), my self-care practices took a back-burner.
This is a blessing in disguise, though, because for awhile there, I forgot how intimidating and overwhelming it can be to create a healthy living habit! So here I go again, using some of what I already know and looking for other ways to find balance.
Perhaps we can find our way together if we jive with one another?
The Live Lighter philosophy includes:
- Everyone is unique and has their own health journey to experience. We respect that what works for one person may not work for another.
- Weight Loss is a natural and permanent by-product of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Nature has incredible healing powers and while results may take a little longer than they do from traditional medicine, they’re typically more sustainable with little to no side-effects.
- Knowledge is power. The idea is to understand as much as we can about how nature functions, including us, so we can work with it rather than against it.
What you can expect on Live Lighter:
We share a ton of information on food & nutrition, cleansing & detoxing, getting physical, addiction, consciousness, as well as other healthy suggestions and lifestyle tips. To help you more practically, we have an ever-growing inventory of yummy, healthy recipes, including tasty smoothies and allergy-friendly meals.
Do you like diversity of info and style? Live Lighter features an assortment of guest bloggers, including the author of Spice Up Your Life, Bindu Grandhi. Not to mention product reviews, interviews and helpful post series, like The 2010 TV Detox, Health Made Easy and Get a Bodacious Beach Bod!
The post schedule is currently 3 times per week:
- Tuesday posts feature specialty natural health & wellness content unique to Live Lighter, including articles from guest bloggers!
- Thursday posts are industry-related news, interviews and reviews on books, articles, products and places.
- Saturday posts include alternating healthy recipes and videos.
If all this sounds good to you, sign up for the Live Lighter RSS feed and get new posts delivered right to your feed reader or email.
Your thoughts are appreciated – every bit of Live Lighter is for you! If you’re inspired to share your honest, constructive feedback on the blog, please drop me a line at stephanie [at] livelighter [dot] org.