is an under-appreciated and often neglected breakfast option. It’s relatively quick for a healthy, warm breakfast meal, and it’s extremely versatile. With just a little experimentation, you can take something very plain and turn it into pizazz and glitter!
Here’s the tasty breaky I whipped up earlier this week:
Prune Morning PorridgePrint This
- 2 cups vanilla rice milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Cream of Wheat Cereal
- 5 prunes, chopped (adjust to... taste?)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Heat milk, water and salt to almost boiling in a medium pot.
- Add Cream of Wheat Cereal slowly to milk mixture, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture begins to thicken (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in chopped prunes, walnuts and maple syrup. Cook and stir for another minute.
- Serve topped with additional maple syrup or milk, if desired.