Have you tried POM Wonderful pomegranate juice yet? You know the one I mean, it comes in a 473ml, womanly-shaped bottle that fits snugly in one’s grasp?
With every sip, this tart, sweet, full-bodied juice ignited my taste buds like a choreographed fireworks show. It’s so potent (I had to dilute it with 50% water) that you can actually feel it’s power course through your entire system.
Where does this power come from? Apparently, the polyphenol antioxidant levels in POM Wonderful pomegranates beat even red wine and green tea! For those who don’t know, anti-oxidants destroy free radicals. Free radicals are the main cause of aging and are the natural by-products of metabolism, some immune responses and environmental poisons.
Although we need a certain amount of free radicals, most people living in today’s toxic world would benefit from extra anti-oxidants. That’s why I tried POM Cherry, made with 100% all-natural pomegranate and cherry juices. One sip and my mouth sang for a good 10 minutes! A little goes a long way with POM Wonderful juice.
Here are other benefits of drinking this elixir of youth:
- contains no added sugars, preservatives or colors
- a good source of potassium
- gluten free
- flash pasteurized to retain both flavor and nutrients
- available in 16 oz. size (473 ml)
- certified kosher
From tree to bottle
I love how POM Wonderful only uses fruit grown in their pomegranate orchards located in California’s sunny San Joaquin Valley. They produce their own variety of pomegranates called “Wonderful” which they say, “is known for its unique combination of superior antioxidants, delicious taste and deep crimson color.”
They pick it by hand, squeeze it with their own proprietary presses and even manufacture their own bottles. This way they can “control quality at every step along the way”.
POM Wonderful has spent $25 million dollars in medical research on their specific variety of pomegranate and the health benefits of its juice.
“Patients who participated in published clinical studies experienced significant improvement in heart, prostate and erectile health after drinking eight ounces of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice daily.”
If you’re interested, you can view the published studies here.
Fun Pomegranate Facts (courtesy of POM Wonderful)
- Pomegranates are one of mankind’s earliest cultivated fruits.
- Man first began planting pomegranate trees sometime between 4000 B.C. and 3000 B.C.
- Many scholars now suggest that it was the pomegranate, not an apple, depicted in the biblical Garden of Eden.
- Throughout history, the pomegranate has been revered as a symbol of health, fertility and rebirth.
- Some cultures also believed it held profound and mystical healing powers. (Seems like they were right!)
- The appeal and medicinal properties have also made it the subject of myths, epics and works of art, from Raphael and Cezanne to Homer and Shakespeare.
Have you tried POM Wonderful? Tell us how you liked it in the comments below!