Who doesn’t want to stay young and fit? Heck, the beauty, health & fitness markets are multi-billion dollar industries for this very reason! Honestly, though, many people have stayed young and fit without spending a lot of money. Keep reading today’s guest article by Suzanne Collins for 7 natural (and inexpensive) ways to stay young and fit.
There is a wide array of anti-aging products, creams, pills and expensive treatments claiming to make you look younger and fitter. But the best and the most affordable way to stay young and fit is by following a few basic home remedies and natural everyday lifestyle routines.
These few steps will help you stay young and fit even after the first signs of aging:
Method 1: Avoid Overeating
The first, foremost and the most important step in staying young and fit is by eating right. After all, you are what you eat, and how much you eat.
- Eat a balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid eating foods rich in sugar content as this accelerates the skin aging process.
- Eating smaller 6-7 portions a day helps in preventing the body from binging or overeating.
- Don’t stay hungry for a long period of time.
- Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking plenty of water as this will also help in keeping your stomach full and prevents you from overeating.
Method 2: Lemon Juice, Cream & Egg Whites Remedy
Citrus fruits (lemons are the best) are known to be a rich source of vitamin C, a strong antioxidant. Milk Cream is a rich source of lactic acid which again helps in lightening the signs of aging. Egg whites help in tightening the skin. The following remedy will help in reducing the age spots as well as tightens the skin. Try this miraculous remedy now to look years younger than your actual age!
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Milk Cream – ½ tsp
- Egg White – 1 tsp
- Mixing Bowl
- Take a mixing bowl and add the lemon juice, milk cream and the egg white.
- Mix ingredients well until they form a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste all over your face and leave it on for about 10-15 mins.
- Later wash your face with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- This remedy to stay young and glowing can be repeated twice in a week.
Method 3: Exercise Regularly
Exercising regularly is probably the simplest and the best way for staying young forever. It also helps in toning the muscles and even prevents the skin from sagging (the first sign of aging). Here are a few steps that will help you in following an easy workout routine:
- The best way to start a workout routine is by walking every day for at least 20-30 mins a day, improving the blood circulation and making your skin look younger from within.
- After 2-3 weeks one can gradually shift to a more cardio vascular form of workout routine, like jogging and light weight lifting.
- This process will help in strengthening the joints which is another major sign of aging.
- Add in plenty of stretching after your workouts when your muscles are warm, and take up fitness programs like Yoga and Pilates. Stretching helps improve your flexibility, circulation and guards against injury.
- Gradually increase the intensity of your workouts by going faster and lifting more weights. (Editor’s Note: Always seek advice from a health professional when beginning a workout program/health plan.)
Method 4: Practice Meditation
Practicing meditation is the most natural way to maintain youth and stay fit at the same time.
- Practice pranayam which is a breathing technique that helps in relaxing you and also increases the level of oxygen throughout your body.
- Deep breathing and controlling the breathing process keeps your mind clutter free.
- This helps in controlling your feelings, makes you happier, stress free and more energetic.
Method 5: Give Up Smoking
This step is one of the healthiest ways for remaining young and fit. Researchers have proven that non smokers tend to have fewer wrinkles and are more fit with good heart health. This is mainly due to the presence of carbon monoxide in the cigarettes which cuts off peripheral circulation.
Method 6: Give Up or Reduce the Intake of Alcohol
Alcohol is highly toxic to the liver as well as depresses the nervous system. It also inhibits the bone marrow’s function of regenerating the blood cells. This eventually results in a poor mental health as you age.
Method 7: Be Happy
Like they say, “It’s all in the mind.” Forget that you are growing old and get over the constant worry about noticing the signs of aging. Try to be happy and content with the way you are and with the life you lead. Keep your mind clutter and stress free.
About the Author
Suzanne Collins is the founder of www.1800remedies.com, which offers Natural home remedies for all the day to day health issues in our life. I am not a doctor by any means, I want to spread knowledge on natural home remedies that it is easy to use with no side effects and give healthy Life style to My Family and people around the world.
Do you have any tips to add to this list of home remedies to help you stay young and fit?