Oooo… you’re in for a treat! Who wants to stay healthy during the winter, increase your mood AND do it by eating tasty food? Here’s another recipe guest post by our favourite guest blogger and Flexitarian cookbook author, Bindu Grandhi!
Salads aren’t just for spring and summer. Embrace the nutrient-rich winter greens, fruits and vegetables that are in season now. Bright, colorful and delicious winter salads – cooked or raw – can be just as appealing as any spring or summer creation and are guaranteed to make you feel better during a season that seems devoted to fatty comfort foods.
- Choose greens like Belgian endive, radicchio, frisée, escarole, kale and Treviso.
- Select fruits, like grapefruit, kiwis, oranges, pears, pomegranate and persimmons.
- Load up on vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts, beets, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, and kohlrabi.
- Use heartier & fuller dressings like yogurt, mustard, red wine vinegar and soy sauce.
- Top with shavings of your preferred cheese or nuts.
So forget those pricey bags of withered greens and treat yourself to a fresh winter salad. Try these three fabulous salads that are sure to warm your spirits and satisfy your palette!
Hot Fruit Salad: This recipe uses canned fruit but of course use fresh if available.
About the Author
Author of Spice Up Your Life, Bindu Grandhi is passionate about healthy and flavourful cooking, especially when it’s flexitarian. She shares her health knowledge with the world by providing practical, healthy and tasty recipes as The Flex Cook.
Hmm… I don’t know which one to try first… Do you?