How would you like to enjoy your next pasta dish without having to worry about carbs? Today`s guest blogger, Jennifer Joslin, shares with us a low-carb pasta recipe that will not only keep you feeling full, but provides you with a serving of 12 different vegetables!
What`s my secret to a low-carb pasta meal? I replace traditional wheat pasta with delicious spaghetti squash and mix it with onions, peppers, zucchini and mushrooms, for a healthy, satisfying alternative. The entire dish is topped off with all natural Summit 6 pasta sauce available in 3 different flavours, including classic, spicy and smooth, and mild made specifically for kids.
Whichever flavour you choose, each jar contains 6 different vegetables including tomatoes, carrots, green beans, red cabbage, eggplant and garlic, and is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fiber and iron.
That`s not all, Summit 6 pasta sauce is made in small batches and is one of the few options available that is low in sodium and fat and cholesterol free. Try this vegan, gluten-free and low-carb recipe at home!
12 Vegetable Pasta RecipePrint This
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper or ½ large pepper , diced
- 1 medium red pepper or ½ large pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar (24 oz) Summit 6 Classic or Spicy Pasta Sauce
- Optional: Add cooked shrimp or Italian sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spaghetti Squash Preparation
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and fiber from the center and pierce holes throughout the skin of the squash with a fork.
- Place the two squash halves cut side down in a baking dish with enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake at 350° for about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure.
- Once the squash has cooled for about 10-15 minutes, take a fork and scrape out the flesh little by little. It will separate into spaghetti like strands.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and heat for about 3 minutes. Add red and green peppers and cook for another 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook another 6 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Reduce heat and add 1 jar (24 oz) of Summit 6 Classic or Spicy Pasta Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over prepared spaghetti squash.
About the Author
Joslin Foods is a licensed food wholesaler in Mattapoisett, MA that produces Summit 6 Pasta Sauce, an all-natural, premium pasta sauce in classic, kids and spicy varieties. The mission is to help people getting more colorful vegetables into their diets, and actually liking it. The journey of Joslin Foods started when founder Jennifer Joslin Cincotta created her original recipe after struggling for years to get her young children to eat healthy foods, realizing that all they wanted was pizza and pasta.
All three varieties feature six different vegetables, each offering specific vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that keep us healthy and help fight off serious diseases. Each serving is low in sodium and fat, a good source of fiber and iron, cholesterol free and provides 25% of daily vitamins A and C.
Summit 6 Pasta sauces can be purchased at select farmers markets and Whole Foods in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, and online at FamousFoods.com. For more information please visit www.joslinfoods.com.