Are you a little anxious about getting the right gift for your beloved health nut(s) this year? No problem. With 2 solid weeks left of shopping and this handy post, all you have to do is mosey on down to the mall and pick ’em up!
This is Live Lighter’s 3rd holiday season and with this post, it’s now officially become tradition for us to provide you gift ideas for the health nuts in your life.
Upon reviewing past lists, 19 out of the 20 items (the Magic Bullet failed to impress me) remain as valuable and killer as the day they were originally posted:
This year, we’ve decided to give you 12 ideas for added variety based on your budget and your health nut’s level of health nuttedness:
- Staying Healthy with the Seasons. ($10 – $30) Written by integrated health practitioner, Elson M. Haas, M.D., this book contains fascinating and comprehensive health information combining Eastern and Western medicine. It has health recommendations for each season, a ton of recipes and helpful questionnaires at the back to record your past health, measure progress and even quiz you on the book’s content! It’s so useful that we’ve written about it here, here, here, here and here.
- Yoga mat & tote bag. ($30 – $120) Buy them as a set or separately. They come in a variety of colours, types, sizes and makes. There are even eco-friendly mats! No need to get overwhelmed, though. I have a basic waffle mat, 1mm thick, that I picked up at Winners for about $25 and not only does it do the job perfectly, it’s lasted for nearly 6 years. (*hint hint* Time for a new one, Honey?)
- The Ultimate De-Stress Yoga video. ($15) If your health nut already has a mat and tote bag, they will love this Self Magazine’s knock-out stress-reduction DVD with the lovely, calm and physically fit yoga instructor Stephanie Culen. This easy routine is great for any yogi whether they are beginner, intermediate or advanced.
- Rebounder. ($40 – $90) This mini-trampoline is ideal for the more seasoned, less physically-able health nuts on your list. Rebounders are used indoors, perfect for the winter months, and very easy on the knees and joints. My Mom loves her rebounder. One word of advice: it’s fairly difficult to fold out and secure (you need 2 strong people to do it) so help your health nut with the assembly and suggest that they leave it unfolded in the room where they plan to use it, stored under the bed, sofa or other convenient (but easy to access) hiding place.
- The Hormone Diet. ($20) Does your health nut have crazy mood swings, hair growing where it shouldn’t and stubborn excess belly fat? Then this book by Dr. Natasha Turner is a MUST. It’s unbelievably useful, informative and practical with a complete, step-by-step program that will help your health nut rebalance his or her hormones and lose weight in process. If you need more information, I’ve shared my personal Hormone Diet success story and wrote a book review.
- pH test strips. ($15) If you’re giving your health nut The Hormone Diet book, think about adding a package of pH test strips to their stocking. Dr. Turner suggests measuring pH (acid/alkaline) levels at the beginning and end of her program. Actually, any health nut interesting in cleansing/detoxing will appreciate getting these fairly hard-to-find gems. Try your local health food supplement store for the best quality.
- Earplugs. ($4 – $10) I know, this one is weird but considering the importance of sleep to health and the fact that you can get 14 reusable pairs for under $6 makes this another fantastic, affordable gift or stocking stuffer. Hearos Sleep Pretty in Pink is the brand I’ve reviewed but for the male health nuts, better stick to the Hearos earplugs for men. Find them in Walmarts and Walgreens across North America.
- Pure Fun Organic candy. ($5 -$15) Even health nuts love candy, especially a healthier alternative! This is another super cost-effective and versatile gift or stocking stuffer that will sure to please. We introduced their products awhile back and recently wrote a post about their candy canes. From 5 different flavours of cotton candy and rootbeer barrels to chocolate meltdowns, citrus slices and 3 types of mint pinwheels (to name a few), Pure Fun is veritable cornucopia of deliciousness! Get them at Whole Foods, Kroeger, independent natural food stores, Loblaws, Pharma Plus, Metro and Sobeys.
- A GOOD blender. ($50 and up) I love my Oster beehive blender which I picked up for about $100. There are differences in quality so you don’t want to go cheap on this purchase. I just discovered which ones are the best and why… but I’m sorry, you’ll have to wait for Monday’s guest post from BlenderBenefits.com!
- The 100 Mile Diet book. ($15) As global warming issues heat up the political arena and more countries are looking towards green and self-sustainable practices, this is a timely book. Your health nut will appreciate the empowering message of the book that local eating CAN be done to increase nutritional value and decrease environmental impact. Read this Live Lighter book review to see if it’s the right fit for your health nut.
- Fitness ball chair. ($80) While controversial, I enjoy my fitness ball chair; although I do have another chair handy to switch it up with for a long day in front of the computer. It’s best suited for the more fit health nut on your list and retails in Canadian Tire in Canada. Not sure about the United States, but they are available on eBay & Makeover America.
- Energizing & Uplifting art. ($100 – $3,000) This unusual, emotionally-enlivening gift will continue giving every day as your health nut passes it on their wall. Emmanuel’s unique style and empowering images sing harmoniously with the bright, energetic colours and kaleidoscope patterns. While all his art is magnificent, I think most health nuts will appreciate his “Art Prints” which include 3 sets of series: Angelbabe Portraits, Colourscapes and Energized Life.
No matter their current health level or interests, you will certainly find something spectacular to WOW your health nut(s) this year between this list and past lists. You are now armed with a whopping 32 gift ideas with a wide range of price points for you to choose from to help reduce your stress this holiday season!
Do you have any to add to the list? Please include them below!