Essential oils are getting a lot of attention these days and from what I’ve read, the recommended weekly serving of fish has gone from once a week to two or three times a week. This is great news for fish lovers but maybe not so much for others… So to help you all make fish as tasty as can be, I’m pleased to publish today’s article by guest blogger, Hang Pham.
Add heart-healthy omega-3 and lean protein to your diet with the fish recipes. They give you a large quantity of protein, calcium, trace minerals, and other vital nutrients as well. Some can provide you much energy and some can provide you one large position of the phosphorus need by your body. Here are some easy and simple fish recipes you can follow:
Generally, this one is made tasty with curry. lemon grass and coconut milk as the main ingredients.
- Take any fish of your choice which doesn’t have excess of any flavour. Or you can take thick fillets for it.
- Sauté your red chilli powder with lemon grass, Thai sauce, and garlic in one wok.
- Place in coconut milk (2 cups) plus chunks of bringal if desired. You can also use peas.
- Add the fish and season with pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook until done and the gravy is thickened.
2. Fish Finger
This dish is cooked in the same way, like the fish fry. But, this looks like French fries due to their shape.
- Take about 500 grams of thick fillets. Cut these into the thick strips of two-inch each using one knife carefully or one kitchen scissor.
- Then, marinade these in pepper, lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt. Store these in your fridge for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, make one dry powder with salt and pepper, and crushed biscuits or breadcrumbs. You can also use other dry herbs if desired.
- Now heat enough oil in one wok for deep frying. After this, take these fillets out of your fridge and now dip into your dry batter.
- Put these immediately into your heated oil.
- Fry until crisp and then strain excess fat into the paper towels.
- Serve hot with sauce immediately.
3. Indian Fish Curry
You can use any variety of fish and don’t require being boneless. Thus, you can make this with bones and isolate while eating.
- The pieces of fish are first fried gently with turmeric, salt, and red chilli powder.
- Then, these are kept separate. Two tablespoons of oil are heated.
- You can place any type of spices such as only cumin seeds, bay leaves and ginger; or you can place onions and ginger garlic together with whole garam masala. Remember that two spices types will give two flavour types. You can also place chopped tomatoes, fresh coriander, and green chillies.
- Place the fishes into this and adequate water to make gravy.
- Finally, cover and cook until done.
4. Fish Nuggets
- You can take any boneless variety or fillets.
- You can boil any variety with bones and later separate the bones in order to take its flesh out.
- Next make one dry mixture of flour, garam masala powder (a pinch), dry herbs of your option, salt and pepper.
- Place in a few breadcrumbs into this mixture.
- Next beat up eggs, green chilli paste and garlic paste in a bowl. Put pepper and salt to season your batter and place into the fishes.
- Dip into this and later coat these with the dry mixture.
- Keep in the fridge for a while to get firmed up.
- Finally, deep fry these.
Again, this is one of the easiest and simplest recipes with fish. This is also a tasty appetizer.
- Marinate ish in the flour batter mixed with eggs, basic green herbs, onion, ginger, green chilli and garlic paste, turmeric, pepper, some salt, garam masala powder.
- Then, coat with the bread crumbs mixture and shape cutlets using palm.
- After this, these are shallow fried as well as strained in paper towels.
6. Chilli Fish
This is very tasty and one popular Chinese dish. You can have it with Chinese noodles or rice.
- Cut fillets into chunky pieces or cubes.
- Make a batter with flour, eggs, ginger garlic paste, green chilli powder or red chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Then, dip the fishes into it and deep fry. After this, strain these on the paper towel.
- Make the gravy using sauces and capsicum.
- Put chunky onions pieces and then slit green chillies into it. You can also put spring onions.
- Now put little water as well as corn flour mixed in this. This will make the thick gravy.
- Put the fried fish balls and mix.
- Finally, serve hot.
7. Fish Soup
This is also one of the easiest recipes with fish you can make at home. This is a healthy soup made mainly with either fish or vegetable stock. You can use different types of grated or chopped vegetables.
- Sauté garlic, bell peppers, chopped onions, and any other vegetable types that you would desire to use. You should use finely chopped vegetables. You can do it with no vegetables and only onions/spring onions, green chillies, and garlic.
- Then, add the fish as well as the stock. Test the seasoning of pepper and salt.
- Cover and cook until done. After this, place corn flour mixed with two tablespoons of water and this will help thicken the soup.
- Then, take it out and serve with a little cream on top.
This is also considered as one of the healthiest recipes with fish.
- Use minimal seasoning such as lemon juice, green chilli paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder (a pinch) (optional), pepper, salt, and 1 tablespoon of dry mixed herbs.
- Marinate it and store in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After required time, put on the grill racks basked with a little oil and then cook till done.
9. Hilsa Curry
This dish is popular in Bangladesh as well as the Eastern areas of India.
- Cut the hilsa into chunky pieces.
- Mustard oil is heated. These are gently fried with turmeric, red chilli powder and salt. Keep these separate. You need to heat more mustard oil and then put two to four teaspoons of mustard paste into it.
- Green chillies are placed in slit form or whole.
- Then, you can put 2 tablespoons of black cumin to it. Some salt, chilli powder, and turmeric are given into it.
- Adequate water is added as well as the fried fish.
- Finally, cover and cook till done.
10. South India Fish Curry
This is also one of the healthiest recipes with fish.
- Fish is either gently fried with turmeric, salt or red chilli powder or sometimes directly place into the gravy.
- Your gravy is made with curry leaves, mustard seeds, coconut milk or grated coconut or whole spices.
- For the tang, you should add kokum or tamarind pulp instead of lemon.
- The fish is placed on it and then cook till done.
In fact, all the above-mentioned fish recipes are easy to make and also delicious and healthy for everyone. Try to cook them right now!
About the Author
Hang Pham is a Vietnamese-American author and MA in English literature. She is a health article writer who has written numerous articles/online journals on natural health, beauty and home remedies. She is contributing to EffectiveRemedies.com from 2013. To know more about her personal site, please visit Beautytalk.com.
Do you have any favourite fish recipes to share here?